This is a qualification for teachers, school administrators and outdoor leaders to safely facilitate indoor climbing sessions. This qualification is not transferrable to the outdoors.
Candidates are expected to:
- Demonstrate simple climbing skills on artificial surfaces (SROCLA001A)
- Apply climbing skills on artificial surfaces (SROCLA002A)
- Establish belays for climbing on artificial surfaces (SROCLA003A)
- Guide climbing activities on artificial surfaces (SROCLA008A)
- Perform vertical rescues (SROVTR001A)
The training and assessment takes two days and costs $400, providing adequate numbers.
To apply for assessment:
2. To become affiliated remember to include:
- Provide a log book showing current climbing experience.
- Provide evidence of current first aid qualification (HLTAID003 Apply first aid or wilderness first aid or equivalent) and current CPR certificate.
- Pay $100 membership to the TCIA (valid for 2 years) [Direct Deposit Info].
Cost for 2 Day course with assessment $400, minimum 3 Participants
Contact the Secretary to discuss scheduled dates.