For an explanation of the qualifications offered by the TCIA, see the accreditation page.
Due to the low guide to participant ratios required for climbing/abseiling instruction and assessment, the current rates for TCIA services are:
- $240/day for all training days for ICG, BAI, TRA, SPG and Climbing Skills Courses where ratios are at least 2:5 (2 guides to 5 participants)
- $280/day for training days with a ratio of 1:2 – usually only SPG/MPG Courses
- $500/day for all 1:1 training
- $295/session for assessment in BAI/TRA/SPG (each session is approximately 4 hours)
- $500/day for assessment in MPG
* all courses have limited spaces available, please make sure to book and pay for your course at least two weeks prior to the courses advertised date to guarantee your spot.
** assessment includes first year of TCIA Membership – thereafter a recurring cost of $100 every two years is payable as part of the requalification process.
Special : Indoor Climbing Guide training and assessment run on two consecutive days (with a ratio of at least 5:2) will be only $475 per participant – this includes the two days of training and assessment and first year of TCIA membership for successful candidates.
Our more advanced courses assume a certain level of knowledge, please discuss this with the secretary prior to booking onto a course.
Note: These costs are calculated on the assumption of training and assessment being run at the Lassie’s Wall area (Freycinet) or in the Hobart/Launceston area over a scheduled TCIA training and assessment weekend. Alterations to location, guide:participant ratios or indeed group bookings, may lead to a change in course costs.
- Indoor Climbing Guide (ICG)
- Basic Abseiling Instructor (BAI)
- Top Rope Abseiling Instructor (TRA)
- Single-Pitch Guide (SPG)
- Multi-Pitch Guide (MPG)